Freetime Magazine, Western New York’s Arts & Entertainment Guide Since 1977, is looking for full time/part time account executives. Day to day responsibilities include cold calling, prospecting, closing and servicing accounts. Basic computer skills a must – Print, new media and social media skills a plus.
Please email resume to:
Attention: Sales Department,
and follow up with a phone call to
Artists from across New York state are invited to apply for spaces at the M&T Bank Clothesline Festival, a juried fine art and crafts festival held on the grounds of the Memorial Art Gallery. Now in its 60th year, the popular event showcasing more than 400 artists will take place Saturday and Sunday, September 10 and 11. A downloadable application is available at mag.rochester.edu/events/clothesline-festival-artist-info. The application deadline is Friday, March 25, with space assignments sent in mid June. For more information call the Memorial Art Gallery events office at 585-276-8949, or email email@example.com.
Penfield Players will hold auditions for its spring melodrama production of Sneakypete Underhand’s Devious Dealings (or the Doctor is IN-sane), Mon., Feb. 22 and Tue., Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Penfield Recreation Center, 1985 Baird Road, Penfield. Roles are available for seven men and four women of various ages (20-70). For more information, check the Penfield Players Facebook page or contact the director at hello@WallByrd.com.
• CASH FOR CARS and free towing of your junk car, van or truck. $50 to $500. 585-482-2140 www.cash4carsrochester.com
• WE PAY BETTER, higher cash for most junk cars, trucks and vans, running or not. From $100 to $800 with free pickup. 585-305-5865
Call For Entries
The Rochester Music Hall of Fame is now accepting entries for its 2016 Poster Design Competition. The winning design will be selected by the RMHF Board of Directors and used to promote its “Class of 2016” Induction Ceremony scheduled for Sunday, April 24th,7pm at Kodak Hall at the Eastman Theatre. The winning artist will receive a $300 prize, two tickets to the April event and a special mention in the program. The 2nd place artist will receive $100, and for 3rd place a $50 prize will be awarded. Anyone may enter. All entries must be received by February 15, 2016. Go to Rochestermusic.org for more information.
•Come and relax with Elsa. New hours – to make an appointment call 585-260-0223.
•Man to Man rubdown. Experienced, in shape, centrally located private home. Incalls/Outcalls. 585-773-2410 (c), 585-235-6688 (h).
Better Beginnings Professional Matchmaking *New Specials* • www.betterbeginnings.com
Rochester Broadway Theatre League • www.RBTL.org
Up All Night Concerts • www.upallnightpresents.com
House of Guitars • www.HouseofGuitars.com
Abilene Bar & Lounge • www.abilenebarandlounge.com
Johnny’s Irish Pub • www.johnnyslivemusic.com
Shooters Sports Bar & Grill • www.shootersny.com
Water Street Music Hall • www.waterstreetmusic.com
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que • www.dinosaurbarbque.com
Sticky Lips • www.stickylipsbbq.com
Tapas 177 • www.tapas177.com
Rochester Americans • www.amerks.com
Rochester Knighthawks • www.knighthawks.net
Rochester Rhinos • www.rhinossoccer.com
Rochester RazorSharks • www.rochesterrazorsharks.com
Rochester Red Wings • www.redwingsbaseball.com
Western New York Flash • www.wnyflash.com
American Music Centre • www.americanmusiccentre.net
Atlas Music • www.atlasmusic.net
Bernunzio’s Uptown Music • www.bernunzio.com
The Bop Shop • www.bopshop.com
House of Guitars • www.HouseofGuitars.com
Sound Source • www.soundsource.com
Bodine Unlimited Tours • www.bodineunlimitedtours.com
•THE FINGER LAKES CHORALE, hosted by Finger Lakes Community College, is seeking singers for its spring performances of Daniel Forrest’s “Requiem for the Living.” All voices are welcome, but tenors and basses in particular are encouraged to join this community chorus for concerts on May 14 and 15 at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Canandaigua. Rehearsals are Tuesdays from 7 to 9 p.m., beginning Jan. 26, at the FLCC main campus. Previous choral singing experience is preferred but not required. For more information, contact the director Dennis Maxfield at (585) 396-0027.
• BAND REHEARSAL SPACE – 24 hours, security, plus onsite recording studio. Prices starting at $150/month. No lease required. Established in Rochester for 14 years. Cosmic Jams, 732-4841.
• DRUM LESSONS Quality percussion instruction, all ages/all styles. www.rochesterpercussion.com – firstname.lastname@example.org – 585-944-2974.
•BERRETTA SOUND: Live sound for your next gig or special event. Experienced engineers. High end equipment. 305-7288. BerrettaAudio.com
• GUITAR LESSONS WITH RECORDING ARTIST STEVE GREENE. Are you tired of playing the same old guitar stuff? Stop in for a lesson and we’ll work out ways for you to come up with new and creative ways to jump-start your guitar playing. Blues, jazz, rock, and folk styles. – sliding scale rates – with Steve Greene – Rochester’s Guitar Instructor Since 1979 – Studio on Monroe Ave. in Brighton N.Y. 585-271-5006 /email@example.com.
• CHECK OUT RochesterMusic.org, the official website of the Rochester Music Hall of Fame…dedicated to honoring those with Rochester ties that contributed to the creation of musical excellence.
• ATTENTION MUSICIANS: Buzzo Buzzo Buzzo We have tons of new & used guitars, amps, etc. at lower than internet pricing. Come see me. I’m just a hop, skip and a jump from Rochester. 585-243-2480 – 106 Main St., Geneseo