RED WINGS/YANKEES SEASON @ FRONTIER
The Rochester Red Wings are on their home ground at Frontier Field, One Morrie Silver Way, to take on their thruway rivals, the Syracuse Chiefs, thru July 27. Games are planned at 7:05 p.m. daily, except when a lunch-time match is played on Thursday, July 26 at 11:05 a.m.
From July 30 thru August 5, the Scranton W/B Yankees serve as the home team at Frontier, hosting the Pawtucket Red Sox on July 30 & 31 at 7:05 p.m.; and the Indianapolis Indians from August 2 thru 5 – @ 7:05 p.m. each day except @ 6:05 p.m. on Sunday, August 5.
Next, our Rochester Red Wings return to face the Scranton W/B Yankees from August 6 thru 9 at 7:05 p.m. Call (585) 454-1001; or visit www.redwingsbaseball.com for further details.
ROCHESTER RHINOS HOME FOR TWO
Our Rhinos USL Soccer Team will be in town for two upcoming matches in Sahlen’s Stadium, 460 Oak Street. The first will be against the Los Angeles Blues at 7:35 p.m. on July 27; followed on August 3rd by a match against Orlando City, also at 7:35 p.m. Visit www.rhinossoccer.com; and call (585) 454-KICK for tickets.
ROCHESTER RATTLERS HOME FOR TWO
The Rochester Ratters, our MLL Outdoor Lacrosse Team, will be on their home field at Sahlen’s Stadium, 460 Oak Street, for two upcoming matches, the last in regular season play here in Rochester. On July 28th, they will face the Ohio Machine; and on August 4th, the Denver Outlaws take the field against Rochester. Game time is 7 p.m. for both matches. Visit www.rochesterrattlers.com; or call (585) 454-5425 for ticket information.
•On August 8, Sahlen’s Stadium at 460 Oak Street will host the return of professional boxing to Rochester when the Summer Throwdown at Sahlen’s Stadium takes place. On the card is super featherweight prospect, Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland; Rochester’s own welterweight fighter, Kenny “El Brujo” Abril; Darnell Jiles Jr.; lightweight fighter Jamell Tyson vs. Bryan Acaba; middleweight Willie Monroe Jr.; female fighter, Natasha Spence; and feather weights Brandon Williams vs. Michael Jackson. Visit ticketmaster.com for tickets.
• From August 3 thru 5, the National Silver Ball Tournament will be held at Genesee Country Museum, 1410 Flint Hill Road in Mumford. More than a dozen teams from across the Midwest, East Coast and Canada will compete in period-style uniforms using 1865 rules, with the Championship game being played on Sunday. Call (585) 538-6822, and visit www.gcv.org for more details.
• The annual Walnut Hill Carriage Driving Competition is scheduled this year for August 8 thru 12 at Walnut Hill Farm, 397 W. Bloomfield Road. Competition runs all day long for the five days, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit www.walnuthillfarm.com.
• An Olympic-style sprint and long distance kayak/canoe race will be held on the Erie Canal at Fairport on August 4. For details on the Empire State Regatta, call (585) 748-2628.
• In Orleans County, the Rotary Club is sponsoring a Fishing Derby from August 6 thru 21. Details on this annual event can be found at www.orleanscountytourism.com; or call (800) 724-0314.
• The Hobie Cat Regatta on August 4 & 5 can be viewed from Areas 4 & 5 at Hamlin Beach Park, 1 Camp Road in Hamlin NY. Watch catamaran sailboats as they compete for the top spot on Lake Ontario. Call (585) 924-2462.
• At the Finger Lakes Casino and Racetrack, 5857 State Rt., 96 in Farmington NY, the Genesee Valley Breeders’ Handicap will be run on August 4, featuring NY Bred 3-year olds and up, with a purse of $50,000. Call (585) 924-3232.
• Camp Good Days and Special Times will benefit from a Bocce Bash taking place on August 4 at the Doug Miller Family Sports Park, 4618 Ridge Road West. Call (585) 624-5555.